Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[BEER] THE KING OF CLANS

2 posters

Hello Again! What's New in 2018?

[SoF]RedKnight
    [SoF]RedKnight
    Bus Ride
    Bus Ride

Male Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2010-11-04

Hello Again!  What's New in 2018? Empty Hello Again! What's New in 2018?

Post by [SoF]RedKnight Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:31 am

Hey Paul and Beer friends!

I guess I got an automated e-mail today from the Beer website or from Paul.  I can't tell.  It said you all had a new Newsletter online... but I can't find it.

So... lets just catch up and I'll give you all some updates.  Our Clan [SoF]... or my Clan since I'm pretty much the only one left, and my website is still up for business.  Some of my old crew checks in from time to time, but most of my crew have moved on from video gaming or moved to PC gaming.  But the PC just isn't for me.  Been there... done that.

I've kept the [SoF] website open hoping for a good Clan Supported Modern War game similar to BF3 to show up. Alas... none has.  BF4 and BF1 failed us for Clan Support.  Then came CoD WW2 and still no decent Clan Support.  Now Battlefield 5 is being released this Fall... and it's another WW2 shooter???  Can't EA/DICE come up with something original and not copy that damn CoD WW2 game?

At first there was rumors that BF5 would be another Future War game with jet packs and space ships and crap.  Then rumors or player requests for another Modern War shooter like BF3 were coming in strong.  Then we heard it was a Vietnam war game.  But no one knew the real details and EA/DICE had no concrete news on the game yet.
    BF5 WW2 Bad News:  Hello Again!  What's New in 2018? 8515066067_f55c283230_o

As much as I hate WW2 games... if BF5 WW2 has real Clan Support with Rented User Custom Private Servers for great Private & Public Clan games... I might just buy BF5 WW2 and suffer another worn out WW2 shooter to get my friends back online.  If anything... it's got to be better than CoD WW2 is!!  But after reading reviews and news about BF5 and how it may work... good Clan Support looks no where to be found.  But that could change over the Summer... there's always hope.  But BF5 WW2 looks to follow the same path as BF4 and BF1.  Maybe the old Clan Supported game days are over.  It can't be cheap or easy to code and build these games and provide the Server Farms to support Clan games like SOCOM, BF3 or BF2.

However... there is a new game coming called: Insurgency: Sandstorm for 2018. This looks promising.
    Maybe.  Here is some info: Hello Again!  What's New in 2018? 8515066067_f55c283230_o
    INFO:  "Participate in large-scale battles in up to 16-versus-16 skirmishes with artillery barrages, helicopter gunships, repurposed commercial drones, air strikes, and drivable land transport vehicles. Battle across expansive maps with interiors to breach and high-value objectives to control with your team. Each map’s size and play areas are adjusted specifically for each game mode and can also be played in co-op against bots."

I'm following the development and progress of Insurgency, but so far not much news is out there yet.  It's to release this year... most likely around the Holidays of 2018.  It's no SOCOM or BF3... but if this game comes with good Clan Support and Private Servers... I may start recruiting and rebuild my [SoF] Clan again.  Honestly... I haven't had my PS4 running in two years since a few weeks after BF4 came out.  It's got a nice layer of dust on it now.

Just about all my old Clan contacts and their Clans are gone now. We had about 70 SOCOM Clans we were working with back then and about 20+ small Clans in BF3.  Since they were mostly 30 to 60 year old Military players... the majority of them gave up gaming totally.  A few went to PC... some kept their PS4s and contact me now and then to see if I've found a game to rebuild on.  Many of them might come back if a good Clan Supported game arrives.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Private Server on BF3 for a few days just to check out our old BF3 and relive some good times.  But BF3 is pretty much dead with only a few little kids still on it.  The active multiplayer and private server links are gone.  I found no active BF3 games being played.  So I flew some maps in my Helo and Jet and walked around the old BF3 maps to reminisce playing with my brothers and sisters in the days of [SoF] and [CTU].  I even fired up my old SOCOM4 disk and played around with it some.

So... that's my update.  I don't know if anyone will read this... since it looks like no one has been here since May of 2017.  It's just good to see and old SOCOM/BF3 Clan website still up and running.  Well done for hanging on.

In the meantime... I'll keep watching the Insurgency game for updates.  If it looks good and has Clan Support... as a famous Terminator once said... 'I'll be Back'!
    Hello Again!  What's New in 2018? Ill-Be-Back-Terminator

If anything new pops up around here... e-mail me at:  jrwhorse@aol.com and let me know.

To Paul and the gang around here... stay well, keep the rubber down and on top of the shit as it comes at you!!!

RedKnight of [SoF]:  Hello Again!  What's New in 2018? 8515066067_f55c283230_o
    [SoF]RedKnight
    [SoF]RedKnight
    Bus Ride
    Bus Ride

Male Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2010-11-04

Hello Again!  What's New in 2018? Empty Re: Hello Again! What's New in 2018?

Post by [SoF]RedKnight Tue 03 Apr 2018, 9:57 am

Also.... there's no telling if Insurgency will also run and be backwards compatible for the new PS5 coming in late 2019 or 2020.

This could be an issue for some players.  I have read the PS5 may be able to run PS4 games also... but that's only rumor at this time.

I find it odd... that EA/DICE would release a new Battlefield 5 this year... and not be able to play it on the new PS5 coming a year or so later.

PS5 Release Date, PS5 Games, PS5 Spec and Power, PS5 Price - All the PS5 Info:  Hello Again!  What's New in 2018? 8515066067_f55c283230_o
    PAUL-AWOL-
    PAUL-AWOL-
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 981
    Registration date : 2009-05-02

Post by PAUL-AWOL- Sat 07 Apr 2018, 11:37 am

Still here, hoping for a new game that will bring us all back.. I'm praying H-Houor when it hit the PS4 this year will open the doors for Socom fans again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 8:16 pm