Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[BEER] THE KING OF CLANS

2 posters

Socom Confrontation Upates Coming

Admin
    Admin
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 1150
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Socom Confrontation Upates Coming Empty Socom Confrontation Upates Coming

Post by Admin Fri 09 Apr 2010, 8:29 am

SOCOM Confrontation Update Posted by Confrontation Online Team

We wanted to touch base with you and let you know about some of the things we have been working on for SOCOM: Confrontation.Tournaments
    A consistent tournament schedule is now up and available for our community to join in on the fun. Tournaments are being advertised several days in advance and a new tournament is starting almost every day of the week. And for you Cold Front owners out there, we've set aside a tournament just for you which takes place every other week.
    Here is the layout for our weekly tournament schedule. Check the in-game calendar for registration and start times.

Mondays & Wednesdays
    - 32 teams of 4 over two days on Day maps
    It's fast paced action with 32 Fireteams of 4 players going head to head. The tournament lasts 2 days. Gametype and map are random with the setting in the daytime. No restrictions.
    Tuesdays & Fridays
    - 32 teams of 8 over two days on Night maps
    Looking for squads? Look no further. We've got 32 squads of 8 facing off every week. The tournament lasts 2 days. Gametype and map are random with the setting at night. No restrictions.
    Thursdays
    - 64 teams of 4 over two days on Night maps
    Fireteam fans, you want some nighttime map action? Thursday is your day, with 64 Fireteams of 4 players set to compete on night time maps. The tournament lasts 2 days, with Gametype and map set to random. No restrictions.
    Saturdays
    - 128 teams of 8 over two days on Day maps
    Squads, we've got you covered on the day/night switch also. Saturday is our weekly 128 Squad of 8 match, and it's set on daytime maps. The tournament lasts 2 days. Gametype and map set to random. No restrictions.
    And, for those of you looking for the BIG tournaments, we've got an 8 week rotation complete with some Cold Front specific challenges. Each of these is a 5 day tournament, beginning on Mondays with the final matches on Fridays. This is how the schedule looks through the 8 week cycle:
    Week 1- Cold Front Exclusive
    64 teams of 8 over five days on day maps in Arms Run gametype.
    Week 2- 64 teams of 8 over five days on day maps.
    Week 3- Cold Front Exclusive
    128 teams of 8 over five days on night maps in Arms Run gametype.
    Week 4- 128 teams of 8 over five days on night maps.
    Week 5- Cold Front Exclusive
    256 teams of 8 over five days on Night maps in Arms Run gametype.
    Week 6- 256 teams of 8 over five days on night maps
    Week 7- The BIG one, just for Cold Front owners
    512 teams of 8 over five days on Day maps in Arms Run gametype.
    Week 8- The BIG one, open to everybody!
    512 teams of 8 over five days on Day maps.
    Golden AK-47 Unlock Through PlayStation HOME
    For those of you looking to add another weapon to your arsenal in SOCOM: Confrontation, we've got a special unlock for you coming in April. You can now get the Golden AK-47 by visiting the SOCOM Confrontation spaces (including the new OP-FOR space) in PlayStation HOME. Complete the puzzle in the HOME spaces within the time limit and you will be rewarded with a previously hidden Golden AK-47 that you can use to help bring your team to victory in-game.
    New Spawning System for Medley Games
    We have heard the community and are working to finish changes to get an improved game spawning system out there for the public. The changes will reflect each medley game type, 4v4 and 8v8. It will reduce these down to one initial room to fit each gametype, and will then spawn a new overflow game once the initial game is 75% full. So in a 4v4 game, once there are 6 players signed up to join the game, a new 4v4 game to join will be made available. This change should also be coming in April.
    I_Seiran_I
    I_Seiran_I
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Socom Confrontation Upates Coming Empty Re: Socom Confrontation Upates Coming

Post by I_Seiran_I Mon 12 Apr 2010, 12:09 pm

Looking forward to that spawning thing, sick of getting into a server and having all of these empty rooms...

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 2:57 am