Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[BEER] THE KING OF CLANS

4 posters

I am in the market for a gaming Headset

PAUL-AWOL-
    PAUL-AWOL-
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 981
    Registration date : 2009-05-02

I am in the market for a gaming Headset Empty I am in the market for a gaming Headset

Post by PAUL-AWOL- Sat 20 Nov 2010, 1:29 pm

I have been researching gaming headsets and they range from 229.00 dollar COD Black Op Triitons to 69.99 Turtle Beach. The Tritions get good reviews but the Turtle Beach PX21's are about 70 bucks or so and got great reviews on Best Buy.com. Here is a great video if anyone is having problems getting the best sound out of your head sets. I will be going out today and buying these. I will give everyone my own review soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paG4NRbEzg4
    PAUL-AWOL-
    PAUL-AWOL-
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

I am in the market for a gaming Headset Empty Re: I am in the market for a gaming Headset

Post by PAUL-AWOL- Sat 04 Dec 2010, 7:05 pm

OK I bought the Turtle Beach PX 21 yesterday and they are fantastic. Long USB cable, hooks up to my TV with no problem and the Youtube video was spot on. 79.99 was a good deal considering I saw some for about 200 dollars with a lower rating.

ok, just got done with COD BLack OPS and I had them turned up and it was booming. My wife said I was yelling, LMAO. because I couldn't hear myself talk, so if I get loud someone tell me. I may need a hearing aid next month. affraid
    bad1800
    Bus Ride
    Bus Ride

Male Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2010-01-25

I am in the market for a gaming Headset Empty Re: I am in the market for a gaming Headset

Post by bad1800 Thu 09 Dec 2010, 8:11 pm

I have the P21 and love it for the PS3 . Can you use the PX21 on XBOX 360 and PS3?
    PAUL-AWOL-
    PAUL-AWOL-
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by PAUL-AWOL- Thu 09 Dec 2010, 10:37 pm

bad1800 wrote:I have the P21 and love it for the PS3 . Can you use the PX21 on XBOX 360 and PS3?
    Yeah, it has the attachments for the XBOX. These head phones give you a false sense of gameplay, I forget I have them on sometimes because the sound so deep and clear that you hear every movement.
    ['e']xxJager_bombeRxx
    ['e']xxJager_bombeRxx
    Bus Ride
    Bus Ride

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by ['e']xxJager_bombeRxx Fri 10 Dec 2010, 7:28 am

I have the Tritton AX720, I went middle of the road with all the available units out there. They work great, long cord and only 2 dials to control the speach and in game volume. Too many bells and whistles makes things too difficult.
    PAUL-AWOL-
    PAUL-AWOL-
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by PAUL-AWOL- Fri 10 Dec 2010, 10:44 am

I priced the Tritons and they were actually a bit more than Turtle Beach. I know they have a pair of COD Black Ops head phones that are almost 300 dollars, ridiculus.
    PAUL-AWOL-
    PAUL-AWOL-
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by PAUL-AWOL- Tue 28 Dec 2010, 3:34 pm

I bought the Turtle Beach Head set on line from Best Buy for 79.99. I did some research on numerous brands and the PX 21's for 79.99 got great Reviews.

At first I didn't think I would be able to use them because of the HD connection to the PS3 and I didn't want to lose the HD sound. Well they do work with the HDMI cable and the sound thru the head phones is outstanding. The quality of sound I am getting thru these far exceeded my expectations.

There are 3 price ranges for Turtle Beach 49.99, 79.99 and 149.99. I kind of regret not splurging for the 149.99 model but I am happy with the 79.99 price.

The set up was very easy. The Head Phones come with 2 cords for audio, one is for the XBOX. Use the green female audi adapter with the red and white audio jacks, plug this into the audio ports on the back of your TV. Next plug the USB cable into the PS3, now it's time to config the sound on the PS3 to get the best boom. Choose Audio settings, HDMI, Manual set up, then click on all the 2 Ch. settings. The PS3 will give you three Channel settings to choose from, 2, 5, 7. I am not sure if the 149.99 model is capable of using the other 2 channels, but I don't see the need IMO. Save your settings to ch.2 only and adjust the volume control to your tolerance, I say tolerance because COD Balck OPS will blow your ears off.

The Bass is deep and the Chat settings are very loud. Everything is easily adjusted and the long 13 foot cord doesn't seem to get in the way.
    I_Seiran_I
    I_Seiran_I
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by I_Seiran_I Tue 28 Dec 2010, 8:45 pm

Paul, How does the quality of the Turtle Beach's feel (construction and longevity)

Does it feel like it has some 'weight' to it?
    PAUL-AWOL-
    PAUL-AWOL-
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by PAUL-AWOL- Tue 28 Dec 2010, 9:05 pm

I have worn them for about 4 hours straight and I did have to pull them off for a bit, but other than that they feel really sturdy. If you can put your hands on a pair first maybe that would be best. But IMO for 79.99 they are top of the line for the price. I read many reviews on Best Buy and Gamestop, 90 percent were excellent. Also the youtube video I posted up above helped me out big time on getting the best sound out them.

I used them during the last Socom Tournament we had and I never played that good before. I could hear people climbing the Mountain and walking everywere. I contribute our last win to my Head set, I heard the guy running on the Mountain almost mid Map Night Stalker, so I threw a nade in the area and won the match for us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024, 6:32 am