Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[BEER] THE KING OF CLANS

3 posters

ROUTERS

Admin
    Admin
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 1150
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

ROUTERS Empty ROUTERS

Post by Admin Sat 07 Feb 2009, 12:27 pm

This is the gaming router I have. Works pretty Good.
    ROUTERS Main_DGL-4500
    dothack81
    dothack81
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 156
    Registration date : 2009-02-01

ROUTERS Empty Re: ROUTERS

Post by dothack81 Sat 07 Feb 2009, 2:17 pm

How much was this. Looks nice. I also run a Vonage phone, PS3 and my sons Xbox.
    ~Smoke~
    ~Smoke~
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 190
    Registration date : 2009-01-20

ROUTERS Empty Support Available if needed

Post by ~Smoke~ Fri 13 Feb 2009, 10:13 am

I am using this Linksys N Router for my network. If anyone needs help with settings let me know. I am running a ps3 and two xbox 360's on the grid with no problems. (The Wii is wireless on there too but no one plays it)

ROUTERS 25df810ae7a01c2eca9ba110.L
    Admin
    Admin
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 1150
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Post by Admin Fri 13 Feb 2009, 10:21 am

NICE!!!! How much did it set you back. Most gamers I know use the Linkskys routers. I may look into one, my router has been giving me problems latley, I think my son tried fartin with it last week and did something to it, LOL, and he is too scared to tell me.
    ~Smoke~
    ~Smoke~
    Seal
    Seal

ROUTERS Empty price for Linksys N

Post by ~Smoke~ Fri 13 Feb 2009, 11:11 am

I got an awesome deal - I think it normally goes for $100 - $145 but on Black Friday I bought it on Amazon for $45.00 with free shipping. It may have dropped some in price since then, but it is still cheaper than whatever they are charging now. It took a little getting used to and caused immediate heartache on the xbox 360 side setting me up with Strict NAT settings. But after doing research, I got it going the right way. This thing is also a true Cisco router. You can access the IOS and configure that way if you know any Cisco stuff. Its what i do on a day to day basis at the Nuclear Plant here so it was a welcome feeling dealing with the command line inteface instead of the GUI.

Chris
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2009, 5:08 am

I am currently looking for a router to get my ps3/xbox 360 online. I had trouble with a linksys router before I think due to the built in firewall it was making me unable to use the USB headset for the ps2. Does this exist in current linksys routers, and if so is there a way to configure it so that I could disable useless features I don't need?
    ~Smoke~
    ~Smoke~
    Seal
    Seal

ROUTERS Empty Linksys Router Question

Post by ~Smoke~ Fri 20 Feb 2009, 9:46 am

Whether you use the Linksys WRT54G or the new N Router it can be configured to support. Most of the legwork has already been done to help you out in that area. You can see the router i have above which i can show you every setting to make both work (ps3 / 360) with no issues.

One of the things i am also looking at right now, is reflashing my wrt54g router with the Tomato firmware to get more out of it. See the website below to get an understanding:

http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato/

I will let you know what happens there. For now, the Linksys N router i showed in the earlier post is what i use for gaming with 0 issues both on Xbox Live and PSN

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 7:00 pm