Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[BEER] THE KING OF CLANS

+4
Kevlar
[>B<]B1LLYBAD
RadRon
Admin
8 posters

Getting pretty bad around here.

Admin
    Admin
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 1150
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Getting pretty bad around here.  - Page 2 Empty Getting pretty bad around here.

Post by Admin Tue 22 May 2012, 9:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

[SoF]RedKnight
    [SoF]RedKnight
    Bus Ride
    Bus Ride

Male Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2010-11-04

Getting pretty bad around here.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting pretty bad around here.

Post by [SoF]RedKnight Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:32 am

Good Morning to All the Beer Clan Crew!

I got your e-mail update on this thread in my e-mail this morning... and it's very sad to hear how things have slowed down here. But you are fortunate you are all good friends that stuck it out and kept your website and Clan going!!! Don't give up... Adapt and move Forward!

[CTU] gave up on anything SOCOM after Zipper died as well as the Socom franchise. It was just time to move on.

Our Counter Terrorist Unit has become a multigaming Clan with Battlefield 3 as our main game for our crew. BF3 had a very rocky start... but after more than 5 months now, BF3 is shaping up to be a great Clan Game. [CTU] has it's BF3 Private Server for Scrims, Squad training work, Clan Wars and general public gaming. The private servers aren't as flexible as the old Socom Confrontation servers.... but they are working for us. It's almost like the old times are back! And the BF3 Helos are a blast to fly!!!!!

Urgent Fury is in the process of developing Tourneys for BF3 now. Urgent Fury gave up trying to make Tourneys for MW3. All our CTU members have the BF3 Premium Service and the perks that come with it... not bad at all.

We tried Ghost Recon FS... but it's just not the same as the old Ghost Recons. Now... I don't think UbiSoft can make a good Rainbow6 for next year. We are looking at Call of Duty Warfighter for October... but it looks like EA is just making a clone of BF3 and all the costs that come with it. CTU will be deep into BF3 by October... as EA and DICE plan to support BF3 with new DLC, maps and new stuff until about Spring of next year.

BF3 has good game play and great graphics. Now that we beat DICE into giving us better Clan Support for BF3... it's a solid game for Clans. If a Battlefield 4 comes out next year for the PS3 or later for the PS4... it better integrate into BF3. Starting over with a new Battlefield is not something to look forward to. IMO

Speaking of the PS4... Sony has stated that the PS4 won't run PS3 games... like BF3... and the PS4 will not run Used Games. This is how Sony is planning to Cut their Throats when they introduce the PS4 for $600 (that's a guess) PS3's will be flying off the Gamestop shelves!!!

[CTU] is doing well... and we've been around now for some time. We're one of the oldest Socom Clans still out there. But, our website is migrating away from the U.S. Seals and Socom and is taking on a U.S. Marines look and feel for BF3. Recruiting is doing well and we have a great crop of new recruits and new members. We still only accept 18 years old for membership... no kids!!!! LOL

Just about all the old Socom websites are stagnate now or closed down. [CTU] has lost many friends and Clans we gamed with over the years. Many of them gave up gaming altogether as Socom was their only game and going to a First Person shooter like BF3 just wasn't there thing. We've adapted to BF3 and the FPS view... and now it's working for us. There's just not any good 3rd person shooters out there anymore that has good Clan Support. Unless any of you play the old Red Dead Redemption! Great 3rd person shooter... like a Socom in the 1890's!

Please stop by our redesigned CTU website for a chat with us... we miss our old Socom friends. The CTU site is very active with news, updates and chit chat. If any of you play BF3 over here and would like to join us on our CTU Clan Nights... please do! (Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:00 PM EST in our Server). We always have room for more friends to play with. We have 4 Allied Clans on BF3 we war and Scrim with and it's a blast! And we are always looking to add more Allied Clans. Send me a Friend Request on PSN so we can invite you in. Just tell me who you're with so I know. My PSN ID: redknightsoh5

Socom may be gone now... but good war gaming, fun and friends are still going strong!!! Hope to see you soon!

Take care old Socom friends!!

The CTU Website: www.ctu-socom.net

OohRah!!

COLONEL RedKnightsoh5
    The Counter Terrorist Unit[CTU]
    www.ctu-socom.net
    E-mail: jrwhorse@aol.com
    RadRon
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2009-05-09

Getting pretty bad around here.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting pretty bad around here.

Post by RadRon Tue 03 Jul 2012, 11:36 am

yea, i really dont care for BF3....
    [SoF]RedKnight
    [SoF]RedKnight
    Bus Ride
    Bus Ride

Post by [SoF]RedKnight Tue 03 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm

Interesting.... why no interest in BF3?

Is something else out there better for Clans?

Thanks!
    RadRon
    Seal
    Seal

Post by RadRon Tue 03 Jul 2012, 5:56 pm

you can ask anybody in this clan, i was 1 out of the 2500 of the first ALPHA-BETA, tester,that was on PC, the graphics looked great, but on the PS3 they look like PS2 graphics, and after about 10-15 mins playn it , i get bored with it, im a 50 rank on BF2, i play BF1, and i play BF1943, And love them.there great,i just didnt care for the feel of BF3, i still have BF3 and time by time i do still play it, but i get bored with it. my 2 cents..
    RadRon
    Seal
    Seal

Post by RadRon Wed 04 Jul 2012, 6:54 am

NOW bATTLEFIELD 3 on my buddies XBOX looks amazing !! ! it just sucks on the PS3..
    [SoF]RedKnight
    [SoF]RedKnight
    Bus Ride
    Bus Ride

Post by [SoF]RedKnight Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:53 am

Interesting discussion. Thanks for the return comments! We do this all day long on our forum! LOL

I use to do PC/Mac gaming... but it just got to costly and outweighed the benefit. I went to the PS2, then the PS3... and maybe the PS4 later next year... and never looked back.

I hate the PS2/PS3 hand controller... it's a toy for little kids hands. I use a wireless mouse with a left hand numchuck controller and love it! I also use the Sony MOVE controller... and for SOCOM4, Killzone3 and MAG... the Sony MOVE is the only controller I'd use today. Sadly... it looks like Sony can't get game Developers to incorporate the MOVE into there games. I'd kill for a BF3 that could use the MOVE. The MOVE is very accurate and precise for aiming, moving and playing. Much more natural to use than thumb sticks. Motion control is the future. Hand controllers are yesterday's tech. That might be a good discussion for another day!

DUST 514... the new future modern war fighter coming out this year uses the Sony MOVE and is now in beta. Looks like a great FREE game to play and CTU is looking at adding DUST to our game lineup. DUST 514 also works with the PC version of EVE online so both PS3's and PC players can work together playing online with each other. DUST 514 is also a 3rd Person Shooter... so that's a big plus for us old SOCOM players!!!

BF3 is finally maturing after many months, and it's just outstanding for CTU's gaming together. Best visual graphic game I've ever played on the PS3. And yes... the PS3 and xBox can't compare to the PC for it's graphic power... but the PC has all the extra expense of upgrades, newer video cards, faster hard drives, ram and the rest. Just not for me anymore. Maybe the PS4 will come closer in graphics power, as I've read the PS4 will use off the shelf PC parts and video cards that the PC's use today. It's Sony's only way to save on the cost of making the PS4. The PS3 just cost to much to make from scratch.

I found this very interesting study of BF3 with the xBox compared to the PS3. It's an old study from October 2011... not long after BF3 came out. It would be interesting to see that study done today with all BF3's updates. But anyway... take a look. This is an outstanding study with many visuals and a video. Very well done!

Head2Head: Battlefield 3 Analysis

Getting pretty bad around here.  - Page 2 Date October 28th, 2011
    LINK CLICK HERE

Welcome back for another exciting Head2Head! This week we will be taking
    a look at the game that has been said to be going for the title of
    “Graphics King” for some time now — Battlefield 3. Since the very
    beginning DICE has been boasting about how great this game is going to
    look, but the question on every one’s mind is whether or not the
    consoles can handle it.

SEE THE LINK ABOVE FOR THE ENTIRE ARTICLE.

Another short study: CLICK HERE

Here's a great YouTube review showing all 3 in comparison. I think the BF3 beta was being use for this. Must be better now!

Click Here

or here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVeKIAEfj4
    RadRon
    Seal
    Seal

Post by RadRon Wed 11 Jul 2012, 6:44 am

yea, well still dont care for it , me and Paul-Awol played a it little bit this past weekend, still find myself getting distracted, messing around with the jets and choppers, id rather play Confrontation, or BB2
    BENDER-FLEXO
    BENDER-FLEXO
    Buds Training
    Buds Training

Male Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2009-04-15

Post by BENDER-FLEXO Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:02 pm

I'm trying to get to rank 50 on battlefield, taking a long time.
    [>B<]B1LLYBAD
    Hell Week
    Hell Week

Male Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post by [>B<]B1LLYBAD Fri 09 Nov 2012, 8:43 pm

I agree with you paul socom thugs are no fun to play with all the guys?gals that our in Bloodline would rather play in a non ranked passworded room than have to deal with the wannabe thugs and freezers.We do play with serveral other clans who feels the same as we do.Hope to see you on some time and get a game going.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 6:14 am