Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[BEER] THE KING OF CLANS

3 posters

MadCatz: Most of our peripherals still work on PS3 FW 3.50

major_woody_
    major_woody_
    Hell Week
    Hell Week

Male Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2010-08-03

MadCatz: Most of our peripherals still work on PS3 FW 3.50 Empty MadCatz: Most of our peripherals still work on PS3 FW 3.50

Post by major_woody_ Sun 26 Sep 2010, 9:41 am

MadCatz: Most of our peripherals still work on PS3 FW 3.50

MadCatz: Most of our peripherals still work on PS3 FW 3.50 Madcatz-mw2-controller

With the recently released firmware update 3.50, Sony locked out a number of third-party peripherals from working on the PS3. Peripheral manufacturer MadCatz, however, has assured gamers that while some of their products no longer work the majority of them are unaffected.

Here's the official statement from MadCatz:
    With the exception of a small quantity of controllers sold before 2008, we believe that all Mad Catz products will continue to function as they did prior to the 3.50 Firmware update including high profile products such as our range of Street Fighter IV FightSticks and Wireless FightPads; our range of controllers and accessories for Call of Duty; our Cyborg F.L.Y. 9 Wireless FlightStick; our wired and wireless control pads; and our range of Rock Band accessories.

The 2008 wireless PS3 GamePad, the 2008 wired PS3 GamePad and the PS3 wireless MicroCon no longer work. If you're in need of a replacement device you can contact MadCatz's customer service department.
    Admin
    Admin
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 1150
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

MadCatz: Most of our peripherals still work on PS3 FW 3.50 Empty Re: MadCatz: Most of our peripherals still work on PS3 FW 3.50

Post by Admin Sun 26 Sep 2010, 11:05 am

Do you guys think this was their way of detering the cheaters from using taped up turbo buttons. Or it may be because The Move was released and
    The Move Frimware needed a PS3 update ?
    major_woody_
    major_woody_
    Hell Week
    Hell Week

Male Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2010-08-03

MadCatz: Most of our peripherals still work on PS3 FW 3.50 Empty Re: MadCatz: Most of our peripherals still work on PS3 FW 3.50

Post by major_woody_ Sun 26 Sep 2010, 2:42 pm

I think it was a little bit of both...
    More so for the MOVE.
    Hopefully they can solved the problem with players that exploit the use of turbo button.
    I_Seiran_I
    I_Seiran_I
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by I_Seiran_I Sun 26 Sep 2010, 8:52 pm

I heard that some Aussies figured out a way to access diagnostic mode just by putting in a usb stick. (aka mod chip by mail)

I feel for the ppl who bought legit controllers but I have been turboed before and I hated it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 3:34 am