Remember when

Blink / Tub3
Buds Training
Buds Training

Male Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Remember when

Post by Blink / Tub3 on Wed 23 Sep 2009, 8:35 am

I think as long time gamers we all remember the different game platforms and the things we did just to play our favorite games, from getting a role of quarters and spending hours at the local convienent stores to blowing on the video games hoping it would finally work.

Share your "Remember when" stories with the community, more than likely it will at least make you chuckle and bring you back...

E-scrub
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Re: Remember when

Post by Admin on Wed 23 Sep 2009, 5:52 pm

I can remember cutting grass just to play defender. My brother has been known to kill a video game in the ol days. He has gotten us kicked out of places before, flipping out on a game. So people losing their minds on games started when the atari 2600 came out and you couldn't get across the road on frogger,, yeah thats mine, I hated fokin frogger, to this day actually. Makes me wanna go buy frogger just to see if I have improved my gaming skills, just to prove I can beat it. Ohh and damn Donkey Kong used to piss me off worse than any other game. I will kill u. ahhhhh lmao

RadRon
Seal
Seal

Male Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Remembering When.......

Post by RadRon on Wed 23 Sep 2009, 6:18 pm

well for me in the days it was when my dad bought the INTELIVISION, game consule,when it first came out in i think 1980, we played that thing all the time , even brought it to the campground when camping , and i remember ,we would have all the kids from the campground in the motorhome waiting to play it ,and just amazed watching it,kinda funny, but i became a very popular kid in the campground when we went camping...

Last edited by RadRon on Thu 24 Sep 2009, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
I_Seiran_I
Seal
Seal

Male Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by I_Seiran_I on Thu 24 Sep 2009, 12:35 pm

I remember winning a PS2 on launch and being too cheap/ignorant to play PS2 games on it. lol

Hit me Up on the PSN! I_Seiran_I
(S-air-an)

Seiran is Japanese for Storm from the clear blue sky, because I'll come out of no where and rain all over your party Wink
BENDER-FLEXO
Buds Training
Buds Training

Male Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Post by BENDER-FLEXO on Mon 12 Oct 2009, 4:37 pm

I remember hitting the pacman game with your palm in the right spot and it would give you a free game. It was just a little bit over from the coin drop. You would have to make a noise when hitting it so the clerk didnt catch you. I remember looking around, and bam, wonka! 1 credit. lol

BENDER-FLEXO
scnut
Boot Camp
Boot Camp

Male Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Post by scnut on Fri 04 Dec 2009, 5:33 pm

Some of my favorite memories were when I had an N64, and Drehnon would come over and we would play Perfect Dark or Goldeneye all day and night. Those were the days.
CAPITAN-PATHOS
Boot Camp
Boot Camp

Male Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by CAPITAN-PATHOS on Fri 04 Dec 2009, 11:34 pm

i remenber getting my super nintendo back in my contry (guatemala) That was luxury!!!! all the kids from my block were crazy!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 12:09 am