Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[BEER] THE KING OF CLANS

5 posters

My PS3 just died New Years Eve...YLOD

RadRon
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2009-05-09

My PS3 just died New Years Eve...YLOD Empty My PS3 just died New Years Eve...YLOD

Post by RadRon Sat 01 Jan 2011, 9:39 am

Found a place here in Orlando about 20mins from the house ,they said they have a 2 hour turn around time,with 6 mth warr. they dont use heat guns,like a lot of services out there,they use the same tech. that sony uses , a state of the art reflow machine using infrared heat. No heat guns or machine screws here. thats great news, and they are a member of the B.B.B., COST $100.00 the web site....www.getgamingorlando.com just give me a couple of days guys,and ill be back on, funds are low right now from Christmas got to wait until i get paid this week...

streetdoc
    streetdoc
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

My PS3 just died New Years Eve...YLOD Empty Re: My PS3 just died New Years Eve...YLOD

Post by streetdoc Sat 01 Jan 2011, 9:44 am

good luck radron when when mine did that it was emd for it but did sell it for parts bad news is bout new smaller one with more gb for less could have cried
    RadRon
    Seal
    Seal

My PS3 just died New Years Eve...YLOD Empty Re: My PS3 just died New Years Eve...YLOD

Post by RadRon Sat 01 Jan 2011, 3:11 pm

if mine is bad and cant get fixed and i buy a new ps3 will i loose my trophys,and other game data?? i think i read some where that all that data was stored in the playstation network, please if anyone knows let me know,i hope i dont loose my ranking on the games ive played , i know you can go to the ps store and redownload the patches and upgrades to the games... thanks guys...
    I_Seiran_I
    I_Seiran_I
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by I_Seiran_I Sat 01 Jan 2011, 7:30 pm

unless you had a backup you will lose all of your data.

Sony encrypts the HDD to each ps3 so you can't just plug it in another one. Ask the guys at that place about it, they may have a way to make a backup for you.
    streetdoc
    streetdoc
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2009-04-14

Post by streetdoc Sat 01 Jan 2011, 7:32 pm

nope all my stuff was at playstation store i even got the 1st game I downloaded just had to send the time re downloading it .mine crapped out last spring
    Admin
    Admin
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male Number of posts : 1150
    Registration date : 2008-12-24

Post by Admin Sat 01 Jan 2011, 10:06 pm

What ever you payed for will always be there under downloads in the settings thru your PSN name. Just remember what e-mail you used and password, all your downloads will be there, such as map packs, demo's etc. Trophies won't be there because that is saved to the Hard Drive of the current PS3 your using. I have 02 PS3's and I play GT5 on one with a rank of 20 and the other PS3 has the rank of 2, so it depends on the game also. Socom is like COD, you will retain the same rank, Clan tag and so forth but all your settings will not be there, such as if you turned sound off, camo colors, weapons, certain controller settings.
    NAME-LESS
    Buds Training
    Buds Training

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2010-12-22

Post by NAME-LESS Sun 02 Jan 2011, 7:13 am

When you get your new PS3, if you sign in to your old name you will still have your trophies because trophies are stored and tracked on the PSN. All your downloads you can get back. Save data however will be lost (all online data will not be, you will still be level 50 on COD or whatever). You can ghost your hardrive, which is basically like backing it up. Then you can plug your replica hardrive into your new PS3 and you won't lose anything, although you may not be able to get trophies on games you played previously.

I don't know much about how you would go about doing that, as I never had to, but if trophies aren't a big deal you can always take a Flash drive and copy most of your save data on to that.

The only things you could lose is single player data, not a big deal for a game like COD, but if you a game like Gran Turismo 5 it would be a big problem.
    I_Seiran_I
    I_Seiran_I
    Seal
    Seal

Male Number of posts : 479
    Registration date : 2009-01-06

Post by I_Seiran_I Sun 02 Jan 2011, 3:52 pm

That is actually my fear, losing my save files that are encrypted (can't back them up)

Sony should hurry up and get some cloud based saving - I'd pay for that
    RadRon
    Seal
    Seal

Post by RadRon Mon 03 Jan 2011, 6:32 pm

Yea STREETDOC you where right ,i had 2 buy a new ps3, my EMD and hard drive took a crap ... " OUCH " bought me a 320 gigger and a intercooler fan, im not going to let this 1 burn up and crap-out, not this time....
    NAME-LESS
    Buds Training
    Buds Training

Number of posts : 76
    Registration date : 2010-12-22

Post by NAME-LESS Mon 03 Jan 2011, 6:38 pm

I never will understand how people break the consoles. I've never personally broke one, while on the other hand my brother has broken 3 PS3's, including my 60GB backwards compatible PS3, and my XBOX.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 18 Apr 2024, 11:00 pm